California law views violent crimes as among the most heinous crimes one can commit, and if you are currently facing criminal charges for a violent crime, you must retain the services of a knowledgeable Tehama County violent crimes lawyer who can work to fight your charges in an effort to preserve your freedom for years to come. 联系 Cohen Criminal Law to learn more about how our firm can defend you.
Why Hire a Tehama County Violent Crimes Lawyer?
When someone is charged with a violent crime, they have a lot on the line, and depending on the severity of the crime, they may even face life in prison, 或者更糟. Our Red Bluff criminal attorney has handled violent crimes of all different degrees, and he is ready to do everything in his power to keep you free from the consequences of such a charge.
Types of Violent Crimes
The phrase “violent crimes” is a blanket term that covers a wide array of crimes involving violence, and if you’ve been charged with a violent crime, you will most likely face among the harshest penalties possible. That being said, 当然, there is a difference between simple assault and murder, though both charges have the potential of landing you in jail or prison. Some of the various violent crimes that our firm handles are as follows:
- Infliction of Great Bodily Injury
- Attempted 谋杀
- Extortion Threats to Victims or Witnesses
- Burglary, 第一个 Degree
- Use Of a Firearm
Penalties for Violent Crimes in California
下面, our Tehama violent crimes lawyer has listed the consequences of various violent crimes that someone can commit in the state of California. They are as follows:
- 纵火: There are varying degrees of 纵火. Penalties include State Prison Commitments up to nine years.
- Assault with a deadly weapon: In some cases, this is a misdemeanor charge, which may entail up to five years of probation, up to one year in county jail, and a potential $1,罚款000. That being said, if you are charged with a felony, you may face up to four years in state prison, formal probation, and a potential $10,罚款000.
- 绑架: 绑架 is a very serious charge, and depending on the circumstances of your charge, you can spend anywhere between three and eight years in California state prison, on top of a potential $10,罚款000.
- 谋杀: 第一个-degree murder convictions often result in a sentence of life without parole in state prison. In other cases, they result in a state prison sentence of 25 years to life, or, in the worst cases, the death penalty. Second-degree murder convictions often result in a state prison term of 15 years to life.
联系 Our Tehama County Violent Crimes Lawyer
Violent crimes are extremely serious charges, and if you are currently facing any of the aforementioned charges, you mustn’t wait to speak with a knowledgeable Tehama County criminal lawyer who can work to defend you against those charges at all costs. We care about your future, and you will recognize this from the moment you sit down with our firm. 联系 Cohen Criminal Law today to schedule your initial consultation.